Friends of Freetown
Relieving poverty and sickness in Sierra Leone
Thank you for visiting this page. Where projects require items that
are difficult or expensive to source in Sierra Leone, we invite
donations in kind. For these items, instead of providing monetary
grants, Friends of Freetown will fund the shipping costs.
We are currently looking for:
- Laptops for Mercy Children’s Orphanage and Adonkia Village
School/Community IT classes.
- Sewing Machines, fabric, scissors needles, threads etc. for
Adonkia Village tailoring training centre. Hand-crank or pedal
powered sewing machines are especially welcome as each graduate is
given a gift of a sewing machine at the end of the training
programme to enable them to start their own small
business. However, many do not have electricity and so
non-electric machines are ideal.
- Desks and Chairs for Adonkia Village School.
- Stationary items, children’s books and educational toys for
Adonkia village school.
- Dental chair and basic equipment for Gbongay Village Clinic.